Duties & Responsibilities
• Repair and/or replace interior and exterior components such as body panels, fenders, grills, seat frame assemblies, trim panels and mouldings.
• Replace accident damage components in airbags and restraint systems.
• Hammer out dents, buckles and other defects using dolly’s and hammers.
• File, grind, and sand repaired body surfaces using hand and power tools.
• Dismantle and reassemble vehicles to assess possible hidden damages as required.
• Mask and tape auto body surfaces in preparation for painting.
• Maintaining shop equipment and facility.
• Ensures safety policies, standards, and procedures are followed to achieve a safe work environment and safety for all staff, customers, and vendors.
• Other duties as assigned and as may be amended from time to time to meet company objectives.
• Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
• Ability to read estimates and instructions.
• Must be highly organized with the ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be competent with tools required for repair of all assigned jobs and able to operate lifting devices.
• Ability to deliver creativity and an eye for detail.
• Excellent attendance is a must and consistently arrives to work on time.
• Have full body mobility and be able to twist, turn, bend at the waist, squat and lift up to 50lbs on a regular basis.
• Ability to work on his/her feet for extended periods of time with hands above the head.
Qualifications & Experience
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Certificate of graduation or enrollment in an Apprenticeship Program at a recognized technical training institute (experience considered in lieu of).
• 3+ years’ experience in the automotive industry is a MUST.
• Valid Class 5 Drivers License with a Drivers abstract is required.
• Certificate of Conduct required.
Rate of Pay: $24.00 to $28.00 per hour
Hours of work: 40 per week
Schedule: Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm
**Subject to the terms and conditions of company policies.**
Capital Automotive Group is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the community in which we perform business. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
All interested applicants can send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.